The following principles are at the core of how we work and communicate with one another.
- I am responsible
I take responsibility for the task at hand.
- I am okay. You are okay
I know my counterpart.
- I make sure there are no misunderstandings
I understand the request and formulate my concerns clearly.
- I think inside and outside of the box
I challenge the request and point out alternative solutions.
- I treat my counterpart the way I want to be treated
I keep people updated and answer promptly to their concerns.
- I work transparently, comprehensibly and team-oriented
I document all steps that have been taken and are necessary for further work.
- I choose an adequate communication channel
I look for personal communication if it becomes technical or emotionally difficult, or when the task at hand is unclear.
- Talking is silver, listening is gold
Sometimes it’s better not to communicate.
On Your Desk
Each VSHNeer has these principles on their desk: